FileMaker and QuickBooks
This topic came up today, so I thought I would share my thoughts on this matter:
If your company is looking for true communication between FileMaker Pro and QuickBooks, unfortunately you can’t use QuickBooks for Mac. You would have to run QuickBooks for Windows within a virtual environment on your Mac (such as VMWare Fusion), because only the Windows version for QuickBooks has APIs which enables great things like Productive Computing’s FMBooksConnector plug-in to work.
- AccountEdge is completely 100% cross-platform!!
- AccountEdge has always been completely networkable
- AccountEdge has dozens of features that QuickBooks for Mac doesn’t have (such as international currency support, the ability to create PO’s from invoices & estimates, integrated payroll directly within the program, and much much more).
- The AccountEdge folks know that most accountants use QuickBooks instead of AccountEdge, so they will provide a FREE COPY of AccountEdge for your accountant.
- Best of all, the AccountEdge people are truly 100% committed to the Mac platform, and they are REAL PEOPLE who actually care about their customers. They also have real U.S. based support with real English-speaking people who actually care about solving your technical problems. It’s a world of difference after dealing with the shoddy company known as Intuit, and their India-based tech support where they read the “answers” from a script.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If so, please donate a small amount so that I can continue to post blog articles in the future.
Who is ScottWorld? ScottWorld provides the best Austin FileMaker consultants.