ScottWorld now offers a 10% Bitcoin discount for all FileMaker Pro database development
Dear ScottWorld Clients,
Happy holidays! If you love saving money, I’ve got some exciting news for you. Discounts are coming to ScottWorld, and they all revolve around Bitcoin.
Starting today, we are offering a 10% discount to any ScottWorld clients who pay us in Bitcoin for our award-winning FileMaker services. All ScottWorld invoices will give you the ability to pay your invoice in Bitcoin, which will save you 10% off your invoice total.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is both a payment network and a new kind of money. Bitcoin is the world’s first global, international, decentralized, borderless digital money. Bitcoin enables you to send & receive money instantly & securely anywhere in the world, and is easier than sending an email. Bitcoin is the safest, quickest, easiest, cheapest, most secure, and most private payment method on the planet. It is practically 100% free to instantly exchange money with anyone, anywhere on the planet, at any time of the day or night… without any banks nor bank accounts nor credit cards nor middlemen. This makes Bitcoin instantly accessible to everybody on the planet, including business owners of all types, students, children, the poor, the 6 billion unbanked people of the world, and people of all countries & all walks of life.
Many well-known companies already accept Bitcoin for payments and donations, such as:
- QuickBooks Online
- American Red Cross
- Greenpeace USA
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- United Way
- Chicago Sun Times
- Dish Satellite TV
- Gyft.com which offers gift cards for Amazon.com, Whole Foods, iTunes, Apple, and much more
- Tiger Direct
- And hundreds of thousands of other businesses accept Bitcoin as well.
One of the primary benefits of Bitcoin is that it is completely decentralized. There is no company nor bank nor government in charge of Bitcoin. It is completely peer-to-peer, and is regulated & backed by the laws of mathematics. With Bitcoin, YOU are your own bank. YOU control your own Bitcoins, not any central bank nor government nor corporation. Bitcoin is controlled by the people, for the people. Think of Bitcoin as a digital version of cash in your wallet or gold in your vault, where you have complete sovereignty & total control over your own money. Because Bitcoin is not controlled by anybody but yourself, and because Bitcoin is regulated by mathematical formulas instead of centralized human organizations, there are no more expensive transaction fees, no more delays, no more banking hours, no more imposed limits, no more payment restrictions. Nobody can ever put your funds on hold, nobody can freeze your account, nobody can stop you from sending or receiving money, nobody can delay your deposits or payments, nobody can do a chargeback several months after they’ve paid you, nobody can charge you high fees, nobody can ever take your money nor charge your credit card without your permission, nobody can write you a bad check, nobody can steal your identity by grabbing your credit card information or other personal information, nobody can fraudulently nor mischievously make charges on your behalf, nobody can attach arbitrary restrictions to your funds, nobody can censor what you do with your money, and so much more.
Bitcoin is revolutionizing financial transactions in the same way that email revolutionized the U.S. Postal Service, and in the same way that the Internet revolutionized the publishing of information.
Here are a few scenarios where Bitcoin can be truly helpful:
- If your business accepts credit cards and you’re currently paying a 3-4% fee to your credit card companies, you can cut that fee all the way down to 0% by accepting Bitcoin.
- If you send expensive wire transfers to and from other countries, you can cut your fees all the way down to $0 by sending & receiving Bitcoin instead.
- If you need to send money to your college kid in the middle of the night, you can do it instantly and for free with Bitcoin. The full funds will arrive quicker than an email, and are instantly spendable. No delays.
- If you would like to instantly send somebody a donation or tip someone on the Internet for some great work that they have done, you can instantly send them any amount of money (big or small) with Bitcoin. Companies like changetip.com are leading this online tipping revolution. You don’t need to know them, and they don’t need to know you. You can just instantly send them a donation.
- If you need to accept small donations for your non-profit organization, like $1 or $2, Bitcoin makes this possible. This was impractical before, because high credit card transaction fees would have previously made this totally cost-prohibitive.
- If you do business with other countries or you are traveling to another country, you don’t need to exchange your currency nor pay high currency-exchange fees nor pay international transaction fees, because Bitcoin is a global currency that works in all countries.
- Musicians or actors or comedians or artists of any sort can accept Bitcoin donations or payments instantly from anyone in the world, simply by holding up a QR code in front of them or embedding a QR code on their videos, websites, CD cases, etc. This is the first time in human history that we can freely send money to anybody, without knowing any of their private information and without them knowing any of our private information. This is truly a breakthrough in financial services.
- Immigrant workers who use Western Union to send money back home to their family can save 10% in fees by using Bitcoin instead of Western Union, and they can do it without a 4-day delay, and they can do it without driving down to a Western Union branch and filling out tons of paperwork.
- In the past, many legitimate business owners have had their accounts abruptly frozen or shut down by Paypal or banks or credit card companies, due to a number of reasons that were unpreventable by the business owners. Afterwards, these businesses have had difficult times getting permission to open up another bank account. This can never happen with Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is a permissionless system that lets you be in charge of your own finances.
- There are hundreds of more great usage cases for Bitcoin as well. Explaining the difference between our current payment systems vs. Bitcoin is sort of like trying to explain the difference between U.S. Mail vs. email. They’re not even comparable.
- Crazy as it may be to believe, Bitcoin can be used for millions of more things than just sending money. The true revolution behind Bitcoin is something called the Blockchain, which is the world’s first fully transparent ledger that is accessible to everybody in the world. The Blockchain can actually be used for millions of other things BESIDES just transferring money. Transferring money is simply the FIRST APPLICATION of the Blockchain technology. Just as an example, Bitcoin can be used for: creating an indestructible public record of verified contracts with timestamps; programmable smart contracts that can execute at the appropriate time or when a particular condition is met; filing of copyrights & registrations for any important documents without the need for a central authority to manage these documents; fully traceable & instantly transferrable house titles or other important legal titles for valuable possessions (such as valuable artwork or rare bottles of wine or precious antiques); fully transparent and fully auditable political elections; and so much more.
From a privacy & security standpoint, Bitcoin is the world’s most secure & un-hackable network. Furthermore, the Bitcoin network is pseudonymous (i.e. as private as you want it to be) and it uses push technology (instead of pull technology), which protects both your money and your identity because YOU get to choose when you want to spend your money and how much personally-identifiable information that you would like to disclose at any given time. This is completely the opposite of credit cards, for example, where you expose your private information every time you use a credit card. This is why millions of credit card numbers are hacked every week, and this is why identities are stolen every day. Even with checks, a thief can visually see your private address & private bank account number. Bitcoin prevents all of this from happening. Bitcoin is the most secure & most private payment mechanism on the planet.
Best of all, Bitcoin takes financial control away from the reckless central banks and puts financial control back into the people’s hands again. Bitcoins are strictly limited in supply, so their value will stay the same or grow higher over time. Nobody can ever devalue your spending ability by printing more bitcoins out of thin air, because Bitcoin is a deflationary, asset-based currency. All of this is completely the opposite of how our current monetary system works, which is based on an inflationary, debt-based currency where U.S. Dollars are printed out of thin air and then lent out as debt. The U.S. Dollar is no longer backed by gold, so the U.S. Dollar loses massive amounts of purchasing power every year because the Federal Reserve is allowed to print as many U.S. Dollars as they want out of thin air. This is why prices have always risen sharply since 1971, the year that the U.S. Dollar went completely off the gold standard. Currently, the Federal Reserve is printing over $85 billion of new money every single month, completely out of thin air. We pay for this recklessness out of our very own pockets, because our existing dollars lose tremendous spending power every month when this happens due to rising prices. In the last 100 years, the U.S. Dollar has lost 98% of its purchasing power, thanks to the unlimited printing (aka “inflation”) of the U.S. Dollar by the Federal Reserve. Similarly, banks are just as bad as the Federal Reserve. Banks are allowed to lend out 10 times more money than they have taken in in deposits, meaning that they are allowed to create 90% of their money out of thin air. 90% of the money that banks record on their internal ledgers doesn’t actually exist — they simply “will it” into existence. If you or I tried to do this, we would be arrested for counterfeiting. Yet this is completely legal for the banks and the Federal Reserve. If there was a “run on the banks” where everybody wanted to withdraw their money at the same time, only 10% of the people would actually be able to get their money because 90% of the money in the world doesn’t actually exist. The other 90% is “protected” (ahem!) by the FDIC, which we pay for again out of our own pockets… through even more inflation. The solution to all of this craziness is a new type of financial system, one which is based on assets instead of debts. The solution is Bitcoin. None of this financial fraudulence or recklessness can ever happen with Bitcoin, because Bitcoins have a limited supply of only 21 million Bitcoins in circulation. Yet Bitcoins are also infinitely divisible, so they can be used for purchases of all sizes, and can accommodate every human’s purchases forever, for every human on the entire planet.
The current banking system is really just an elaborate shell game that we pay for out of our own pockets, and this is a very small part of the reason that we had the banking system collapse in 2008, when we were forced to bail out the bankers with trillions of dollars of our own money. Bitcoin prevents all problems like this from happening, because Bitcoin is an actual asset which can’t be created out of thin air and which can’t be manipulated by human corruption. Bitcoin is like gold or silver, but it is infinitely divisible & instantly sendable over the Internet. Bitcoin represents sound monetary policy based on mathematics, cryptology, limited supply, and full 100% transparency. Not broken monetary policy based on political whims, unlimited supply, and banking corruption. With Bitcoin, you can actually SAVE your hard-earned money instead of being forced to spend it or seek out risky investments that attempt to beat inflation. In an ideal world that revolved entirely around Bitcoin, Bitcoin could even end wars because wars are entirely funded by the unlimited printing of U.S. Dollars. In an ideal world that revolved entirely around Bitcoin, we would no longer have such vast income inequality in America (the worst since the Middle Ages!), because the middle class wouldn’t be wiped out by the erosion of purchasing power of their savings.
Bitcoin is the most revolutionary & disruptive technology since the invention of the Internet. Just like the Internet put information back into the hands of the masses, Bitcoin is putting financial control back into the hands of the masses.
Together, we can all create a better & brighter future with Bitcoin.
If you are interested in learning more about Bitcoin, you can explore these links:
If you are interested in using Bitcoin in your business, you can explore these links: