Is it printer season?
Dear ScottWorld friends,
I think I’m going to declare January & February as the beginning of printer season!
I’ve received a ton of emails from clients in the last few weeks asking me which printer to purchase, so I figured that I might as well make an entire newsletter about it!
My 2015 recommendation for the best general all-purpose inkjet printer for small businesses is the Epson WorkForce WF-3640:
The entire line of Epson WorkForce printers is excellent, but the WF-3640 model is my current favorite because of the following features:
- Two printer trays (up to 500 sheets of paper): you can put regular paper in one tray, and put envelopes in the other tray. Or put letterhead in the other tray. Or legal paper. Or checks. Or colored paper. Whatever you want!
- Additional manual feed tray.
- Double-sided printing capability.
- Color photocopier.
- Color scanner.
- Built-in fax machine.
- The ability to automatically feed up to 35 sheets of paper for copying, scanning, or faxing.
- AirPrint capability: the ability to print wirelessly from your iPhone or iPad without installing any extra software on your iOS devices.
- WiFi wireless printing as well as Ethernet wired printing.
- Remote printing: Print from the road! Assign your printer an email address, and then you can email any documents to your printer, and those documents will be waiting for you when you get back home.
- Very easy-to-use touchscreen. I feel like Epson has finally reached a breakthrough in well-designed user interfaces.
- The ability to insert an SD Card and print all the images from the SD Card.
(Please note that this is NOT the perfect printer for large businesses or enterprises who are looking for a high-volume photocopier that doubles as a printer & scanner. If you’re doing a lot of high-volume copying, printing, and scanning, you would probably be better off with an enterprise-class, black & white photocopier such as the Canon ImageRunner line of photocopiers. I have had a great amount of success with those photocopiers as well.)